We are inviting social scientists, technologists, and other folk to submit proposals for PechaKucha talks on the topic of socially-responsible AI. These talks will take place in the morning during the one-hour ‘Powered by PechaKucha‘ session. There are 18 spots available (6 speakers across three streams).
We are looking for talks that will do any or all of the following: inspire, provoke (!), challenge (nicely!), pose a question (or two), tell a story. It’s a short format so have fun with it. Dare to be different. Be memorable (in a good way).
If you are interested, please submit a proposal:
- Proposal format: Your proposal should be about 200-300 words and include a title, subtitle, a short summary of your talk, and your bio. Please also include your photo with your submission and any social media links you want us to use (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn).
- Theme: The overall theme is socially-responsible AI.
- Presentation format: The PechaKucha format is 20 x 20: 20 images, each for 20 seconds (6 minutes 40 seconds). The images advance automatically and you talk along to the images).
- Inspiration: Get inspiration from the Presentations of the Day on the PechaKucha website. And check out this article about the 5 things that make great PechaKucha talks.
- Deadline: Submit your proposal by Friday 30 August (deadline extended from 28 June), but ideally as soon as possible so we can get an idea of what you want to talk about. (As of 30 July, there are 6 spots left.)
- Email: Send your proposal to email@example.com
After we receive your proposal, we’ll review it and let you know as soon as possible whether we love your talk idea.
Successful presenters will be provided with PechaKucha templates, and either discounted tickets or a free ticket, subject to us acquiring a sponsor for this session.
Being a PechaKucha speaker at our conference is a great way of raising your profile and showcasing your work/research. All the PechaKucha speakers will be listed on the conference website with their bios and information about their talk, and all the talks will be filmed and uploaded to the conference website and our YouTube channel after the conference.